walmart

GovBeat: How the 1 percent won the last several decades in almost every state

A new report shows the earnings gap between the top 1 percent and the remaining 99 percent been widening for years.

View the original here:  

GovBeat: How the 1 percent won the last several decades in almost every state

Japan's Abe delays sales tax hike, calls snap election

Japan's Abe delays sales tax hike, calls snap election

Japan's Prime Minister Shinzo Abe called a snap election for December and put off a sales tax hike planned for next year, seeking a renewed mandate for his all-or-nothing policies to end two decades of economic stagnation.

Original article:

Japan's Abe delays sales tax hike, calls snap election

How Corporate Greed Is Trying to Kill Apple Pay

When Apple Pay launched last week , it was a huge step towards the pay-with-your-phone future that's been in the works for years. But a few big retailers like Walmart, Best Buy, and CVS want to blow the whole thing up and replace it with something shittier, because they don't care about you at all. Read more…

This article is from:

How Corporate Greed Is Trying to Kill Apple Pay

How Obamacare is taking a bite out of CEO pay

A little-known provision in the law limits how much health insurers can deduct on their taxes for executive compensation

Excerpt from: 

How Obamacare is taking a bite out of CEO pay

Why the 99% support the 1%

Here's something you don't see every day: The 99% demonstrating in support of the 1%. But that's exactly what's been happening for several weeks all around New England at Market Basket grocery stores.

Continue reading:  

Why the 99% support the 1%

Your Tax Dollars Pay for Walmart Execs’ Bonuses

Your Tax Dollars Pay for Walmart Execs’ Bonuses

From 2009 to 2014, Walmart awarded Michael Duke, its CEO until late last year, nearly $116 million in so-called performance pay — exercised stock options and other compensation that carried an added benefit: It was fully tax deductible, meaning the company got an added $40 million in federal tax breaks, according to a new report from tax-reform advocates at Americans for Tax Fairness and the …

Credit – 

Your Tax Dollars Pay for Walmart Execs’ Bonuses

Walmart Sells Out Of $50 Occupy Wall Street Posters

[UPDATE: Now they're sold out .] Two panoramic photos of Occupy Wall Street's heyday in Zuccotti Park have been printed on "Premium Heavy Stock Paper which captures all of the vivid colors and details" of the protests; you can buy these images on Walmart.com for $52.25 for a 36" x 12" print, or $42.75 for a 27" x 9" print. The perfect stocking stuffer for the nostalgic anti-materialist …

Continue reading: 

Walmart Sells Out Of $50 Occupy Wall Street Posters

Here’s Why Wall Street Isn’t Worried and Will Ignore the President’s Warning

It's the third day of the federal government shutdown and Wall Street just doesn't seem to care that much. There has been no market crash, no gnashing of teeth, no massive liquidation of positions. It's been cold analysis mixed with a pinch of déjà vu, that at some point the two warring sides in Washington

Taken from:

Here’s Why Wall Street Isn’t Worried and Will Ignore the President’s Warning

Fast food walkouts fight inequality

Ruth Milkman says low-wage worker walkouts across the U.S. could be start of a new labor push for a middle class in the grips of a 21st century American reality: income inequality

Taken from – 

Fast food walkouts fight inequality

Campaign Pressures Gap & Walmart to Improve Garment Industry Safety in Bangladesh

The horrific catastrophes in Bangladesh of unparalleled scale exposed the systemic failures of the garment industry to ensure safety. With over 1,250 garment workers killed in the last eight months, the impact that corporate greed can have on human lives is astoundingly clear.

Original post: 

Campaign Pressures Gap & Walmart to Improve Garment Industry Safety in Bangladesh